Today, hair loss is one of the most common problems in the world. Whether you are a man or a woman, everyone is worried about this problem. Its believed that everyone loses 100 hair strands each day. It is a natural phenomenon; so there’s no need to worry over a few follicles falling off. But, excessive hair loss can be a severe problem, often causes worry and affecting self-esteem, especially for females. There are several causes of hair fall, which include diet, mineral deficiency, stress, medications, pollution, and genetics. However, if diagnosed right, you can control hair fall with specific home remedies that are natural and effective in saving your locks.
Eggs are the best source of proteins, minerals, and b-complex vitamins essential for hair nutrients. B-complex vitamins nutrient helps to stop hair falls and strengthens the roots of your hair. It also helps to new hair growth, improving the volume of hair and thickening of the same. The application of egg also increases the elasticity of hair, makes it shiny, and controls hair damage. The whites of the egg are rich in niacin, riboflavin, magnesium, sodium, and potassium. The white part is prescribed for oily hair because it reduces oil production as well.
- 1 or 2 egg whites depending on the length of your hair.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Mix the egg white and olive oil to obtain a smooth mixture.
- Apply it to your scalp and leave it on for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off using a fragrant shampoo and follow up with a conditioner.
For best results, you may do this once a week.
Aloe vera gel is a rich source of amino acids and proteolytic enzymes which are a necessary ingredient for healthy growth and scalp health. The proteolytic enzymes are present in aloe vera that help repair the damaged cells in the scalp. It also helps in activating the dormant hair follicles, enhancing hair growth. Apart from all these qualities, aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties that help prevent scalp irritation and aggravation. It is the best home remedies for healthy hair growth.
- 1 cup fresh aloe vera gel.
- 2 tablespoons of castor oil.
- 2 tablespoons of fenugreek powder.
- Mix all the ingredients to obtain a paste.
- Apply the mixture to your scalp and hair with a focus on roots and tips.
- Apply the mixture overnight and wash in the morning with fresh water and shampoo.
For best results, apply the mixture once or twice a week and leave it overnight for significant observable change.
Amla, also known as the Indian Gooseberry, is another effective home remedy to stop hair fall. The anti-inflammatory properties help reduce irritation in the scalp. It also has a good strength of Vitamin E, which improves blood circulation to the scalp, thus giving lustrous and stronger hair. Amla is also rich in tannins, iron, phosphorous, and calcium which help in providing healthier hair. It increases the growth of hair, maintains a healthy scalp, and prevent premature greying.
- Amla powder
- Lime juice
- You can mix lime juice and amla powder to make a paste.
- Massage it to your scalp and hair.
- Use a shower cap to cover your head so that the paste doesn’t dry out.
- Keep it for an hour and then rinse it off with normal water.
For best results, apply it twice or thrice per week.
Many studies have shown that rubbing green tea into hair may help curb the hair fall problems. Green tea is rich in antioxidants, which helps boost hair growth and prevent hair loss. And the anti-inflammatory properties of green tea help prevent hair loss and promote regeneration of hair. Apart from these, polyphenols and Vitamin C present in green tea help in preventing dullness while boosting the shine and softness hair. It is also helpful in fighting dandruff.
- 1 green tea bag
- Hot water
- Soak two-three teabags in ½ liter hot water depending on the length of your hair.
- When it cools, pour this over your scalp and hair, while gently massaging your head.
- Rinse with cool water after an hour.
- Wash with cool water.
For best results, you need to repeat this process twice or thrice a week for a couple of months.
Coconut is also one of the best hair loss home remedies, and It contains vitamins like niacin and folate. Niacin which is also called vitamin B3 helps to increase blood circulation to the scalp. It brings more oxygen and nutrients to the hair follicles. Folate is the synthetic form of folic acid: a type of Vitamin B is primarily responsible for healthy cell growth and stimulating the dormant cell. In addition to this, coconut milk also has the richness of Vitamin E and fats that fight damage and deeply condition your hair. In fact, because of all these nutrients, the scalp remains nourished, and hair follicles are strengthened, thereby promoting hair growth.
- ¼ cup of fresh coconut milk
- Take some coconut milk and give it enough heat to make it slightly warm.
- Start by massaging the scalp for 15 minutes.
- Once the scalp is covered work it through your hairs and root tips and leave for an additional 45 minutes.
- Wash your hair with mildly cold water and any regular shampoo.
For best results, apply it once a week.
CAUTION: Use a shower cap to avoid the mess created via the application of coconut milk.
Hibiscus for Hair Fall Control
Hibiscus flower is the best combination of phosphorus, riboflavin, and Calcium. It contains the right amount of vitamin C that helps in building collagen and is of utmost importance for healthy hair growth. Riboflavin also knowns as Vitamin B2 is used as an antioxidant, thus strengthening the hair scalp. The presence of carotene in the hibiscus flower restricts the greying of hair.
- Hibiscus flower
- Coconut oil
- Hibiscus leaves
- Crush the petals of the hibiscus flower.
- Add ½ the amount of coconut oil.
- Dip the crushed flowers and petals inside the oil and boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Apply this to your scalp after you let it cool down for some time.
- Let it rest for 20 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water and a regular shampoo.
For best results, apply for twice or thrice a week.
CAUTION: Use your regular shampoo to wash the hair. Apply only after obtaining a suitably comfortable temperature.